beginner mountain biker

youngy2473
youngy2473 Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
hi there is there any one living in the north east that know of any mountain bike clubs,as i have just started and love it.or know any good routes or organised rides iam 35 years old and think this is a great way of getting fit,iam not out to break any records just enjoy it!!!

Comments

• beski
    beski Posts: 542
    Have you had a look in the MTB Rides section of the forum, or post there you'll probably get a better response
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • kath10g
    kath10g Posts: 5
    hiya, I don't know whether this is any help to you. We are staying in Scarborough in August to do a course with chasing trails. We googled north yorkshire mtb routes and the first one that came up was a good site showing routes and the difficulty of them.
    Hope this is of some good to you.
  • Shaunzy
    Shaunzy Posts: 1
    Dalby forest is a great place just north of thornton le dale, goes from beginner onwards, has some brilliant technical routes, £7 entry as its a touristy nature resort place, just got to remember doing the route, what goes up must go down, n the down bits are always something to look forward to

http://www.sharemyroutes.com/routes/United-Kingdom/Near-Pickering-North-Yorkshire/Dalby-Forest-Red-Route/details.aspx

hope the site helps
  • OwenCB
    OwenCB Posts: 125
    Hamsterley Trailblazers in Durham, they organise rides in Hamsterley forest, I've been on a few rides and training courses they've run and they've been really good.
    They've got a website just google the group name