Centaur chainset

rsls57
rsls57 Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
I want to change carbon centaur 39/53 to 34/50 what are my options,change chain rings or will i have to buy complete chainset, maybe buy alloy chainset and just swap over. Will this work?

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You'll have to buy a new chainset, the BCD is different between compact and standard, 39t is the smallest you can fit on a standard.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    The other option is to change your cassette. Have you tried the 13-26 or 13-29 options?
  • Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    rsls57 wrote:
    I want to change carbon centaur 39/53 to 34/50 what are my options,change chain rings or will i have to buy complete chainset, maybe buy alloy chainset and just swap over. Will this work?

If the Carbon Centaur is an Ultra Torque version, I will be happy to buy the 39/53 from you when you replace it.
  • rsls57 wrote:

I'm selling a centaur compact 50/34 ultratorque chainset for £65 if you are looking for one. It's only done 30km.