My first 50 mile ride

SPECIAL123D
SPECIAL123D Posts: 25
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Just thought i would tell the world that i finally got round to completing my first 50 mile road ride on Sunday morning. I knew i could do it as i recently did two 43 mile totally different rides in the space of a few days. It was just a case of finding someone to do it with as after a couple of hours on my own i seem to get bored. Anyway done it in 3hours 6 mins so next target is the metric 100.

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Well done mate.

I did my first 50 a couple of weeks ago, and strangely it took me exactly the same time!
  • Did mine then I liked it so much I did another two shortly after :)

A ton beckons
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I did the Norwich 50 in 3:37 on an MTB although we did stop 3 times!! Bearing in mind I have only been cycling since April I was quite happy with that - until on the journey home we saw bikers on MTBs and knobbly tyres on the final leg of the 100 mile route.

So it will be the 100 next year if I don't do one before.

The important thing is it was an awesome day out thoroughly enjoyed it and all for charity.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Sounds good - a nice time and congrats :)
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Arghh i just cannot get over the 50 mile barrier.

I did a 46 miler after work last night but could not do anymore.

Total journey time 3hr 50min. Total riding time 3hr 20min
  • yackers1
    yackers1 Posts: 108
    NWLondoner - 46 miles after a hard days work is quite an achievement! If you had a 'rest' day at the weekend and then set off in the afternoon I'm sure you would crack 50 miles. Keep at it!

I too recently took part in the Norfolk 50 and on an MTB as well (it made me go and purchase my first road bike - and I'm well pleased with it!) but could only manage it in 3 hrs 53 mins. :(

According to my Edge 705 the Norfolk 50 was actually 48.68 miles so I had to go and do a proper 50 miler last week to prove to myself I can do it! :D