Another, which shall I buy thread.......

baz2963
baz2963 Posts: 174
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Hi all,

I dont know what to get, Im hanging my nose over,

1. Trek 1.7
2. Lemond Tourmalet
3. Cannondale Caad9
4. Cannondale Synapse
5. Spesh Allez Elite

At the moment I have a Scott S60, which I hate, it feels cheap and gives me aches (I'll get a proper fitting next time). I use the bike for fitness as MTB is main interest, however I am getting more and more into the road scene with my partner also taking it up, we do the odd charity ride and ride to work and are looking at doing more competitive stuff, I like the idea of the spesh tricross but that throws out the competitive side.... what to do ?!?

Oh yeh, budget £800

Thanks

Comments

• sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    I would guess the most votes would be for the Spesh or the Trek both excellent bikes. Get you local dealers to let you try them out first and that way you'll know which one fits you best
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Hi, i can't comment on most of your bike choices but i was looking at a Spesh Allez Elite recently. In my opinion it is overpriced for a bike with Tiagra gears and unattractive heavy looking wheels. Also once i saw one in the flesh so to speak i found it too garish in it's red and white colours.
    However this is only my opinion so others will disagree :)
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • Your decision might also be influenced by the delivery time. Decided on a Trek 1.7 at the weekend and then told that there are no 60cm bikes availalbe from Trek and the 09 models will not be available until the end of August.

So now following this thread with interest, particularly hoping that someone will explain the difference between the two Cannondale models.

Or I might just go and buy an available Giant SCR1 from another LBS.
  • phatspider
    phatspider Posts: 25
    Ive just pulld the trigger on a tricross comp! Hope it lives up to the hype :)

ANy good recommendation for clipless pedals?