Unsure of Bike Value

Reverb
Reverb Posts: 3
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi folks! First up apologies for my ignorance on the subject - I used to ride quite a lot but that was many years ago and my knowledge on mountain bikes is now lacking a little!

Basically my old bike has been sat in the garage gathering dust and I would like to flog it, putting the money towards a new, hardtail bike so I can get riding again. However I haven't really got a clue what it would sell for, or whether anyone would actually buy it!

Here are the specs (again apologies for mistakes)...

Frame - Univega Flyte 895
Rear Sus - RST22A
Front Sus - RST Hi 5s
Gears - Shimano STX
... and a few extras like DMR V8 pedals, Crud Catcher, DCD on chain, Tranz X Bars.

It is a few years old, used condition, not been serviced/maintained since I stopped riding.

MASSIVE thanks for any suggestions/opinions! They are greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jon.

Comments

• RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    If its been looked after and between one and three years old you might get about half what you paid for it. Older than that and you are looking at less about 30% for a bike 5 years old

Reverb wrote:
    It is a few years old, used condition, not been serviced/maintained since I stopped riding.

I wouldn't put this in your ebay ad
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • Reverb
    Reverb Posts: 3
    RichMTB wrote:
    If its been looked after and between one and three years old you might get about half what you paid for it. Older than that and you are looking at less about 30% for a bike 5 years old

Reverb wrote:

I wouldn't put this in your ebay ad

Cheers for the advice! My bike will be in the 30% mark. Now I just need to remember what I paid for it :D