Referendum on new upgrade

jpembroke
jpembroke Posts: 2,569
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
I know our government isn't too keen on referendums but I dictate a democracy in my house. I want you to decide on my next upgrade: a spare set of Planet X wheels for my cross bike so it can be used as a winter training bike, sportive bike, etc; or a rather bling Centaur UT carbon chainset for my road bike because my current Veloce alloy one looks a bit tatty.

So, what's it to be?
I'm only concerned with looking concerned

Comments

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    1. You can never have too many sets of wheels

2. Expect radical price-cutting of Campag parts as the new seasons stuff comes into stock.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    1. You can never have too many sets of wheels

2. Expect radical price-cutting of Campag parts as the new seasons stuff comes into stock.

I can't see the radical price cuts happening to be honest since the whole range is "all change" for 2009 - centaur being relegated to the entry level end. at the end of the day the carbn centaur chainset can be had for £140 - how much lower is it likely to get? what other carbon chainset options do you have at that level - even the fulcrum one (which is the same with a different sticker) costs loads more!
  • jpembroke
    I see it's a low turn out at the polls. At the moment it's too close to call. Unfortunately I can't afford both.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    I believe the Planet-X wells are reduced at the moment? That, plus the fact that they will make your cross bike much more flexible, seems to make it a 'no brainer' to me :) You may even decide to use the wheels on your other road bike/s as well, which you can't do with a chainset...

You could always save up and get the chainset later :D
  • jpembroke
    Yes, new wheels seem sensible (can't use wheels on other bike though as 'cross bike is Shimano and road bike is campag. Naturally.)
  • don_don
    ps. I live in Cheltenham too, so I'll give you a wave as you overtake me 8)
  • don_don
    Yes, new wheels seem sensible (can't use wheels on other bike though as 'cross bike is Shimano and road bike is campag. Naturally.)

Ah, hadn't thought of that. Two sets of new wheels then?? I hope my wife doesn't use this forum...