Sorry, but yes another new bike question

woody84
woody84 Posts: 15
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello

I have decided to buy a new mountain bike through the cycle to work scheme and therefore have to use Halfords. I have upto £550 to spend and was thinking of ordering a GT Avalanche 1.0 but have seen the GT Aggressor XC1 direct from Halfords. I was hoping someone could advise which is the better of these two bikes as they are priced fairly close together. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry again to ask another new bike question.

Woody

Comments

• max丨mo
    max丨mo Posts: 177
    Firsty, hello everyone, been lingering a little while but this is my 1st post.

Well I recently picked up a Kona Cinder Cone '07, reduced from £650 to £485. Absolutely loving it.

Also, there was a good guide recently called the dirty dozen, which reviewed 12 £500 bikes, the Kona Blast won, which is the same thing as mine with slightly lower spec. (£485)

That guide would be a good place to start I guess.
  • just got a GT Aggressor XCR (only available form halfords). I love the bike, just had my 1st trail riding experience on it and the bike was brilliant!
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I have the Avalanche 1 disc which is an excellent bike, if you can push for the disc model then you will have a bike with no significant short commings with reliable braking in the wet. The fork locks out which is of benefit on roads without bumps and will make it feel more like a road bike. It's a great trail bike too