Hello all, I'm new here and looking for a cheap 'bent

Rinkydink
Rinkydink Posts: 9
edited July 2008 in Road general
Hi All,

I'm keen to get a recumbent for commuting and the occasional longer road ride, but also tighter than a duck's bum :D I would like to ask what is the best way to proceed. I'm mechanically proficient (can build wheels etc) so not afraid of anything thats a bit ropey. but would prefer something that is small and easy to store (I'd love a trike, but they look really awkward and expensive) and have seen a few PDQ's for sale that look reasonable.

I also have a shed full of bits that I could build into anything really, so was wondering if anybody makes a 'bent frame/seat combo at a low cost. When you can buy a good quality "normal" bike for less than £200 it seems a bit silly that even relatively simple 'bents are normally £1000+

Any help gratefully received,

Rinkydink

Comments

• KM2
    KM2 Posts: 147
    I have a PDQ and a Trice trike for sale at the moment in Road ads
  • Rinkydink
    Rinkydink Posts: 9
    Thanks KM2, I've been in touch with Kevin at D-tek and he shortlisted the PDQ as a good prospect. Are you looking for £420? is that right? and would you be happy for me to trial the bike? I know bikes pretty well, but I'm a bit green on recumbents, so don't really want to rush away with the first one I see. But I'm only in Northants, so it would be a great opportunity to see what's what. and hopefully buy a bike!

All the best,

Rinkydink
  • KM2
    KM2 Posts: 147
    The bike is in the oxford area at the moment. You can try it but don't forget they are very different to a normal bike.