Fitting 08 Juicy fives to 98 Manitou X-Vert forks

th_whittaker
th_whittaker Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey,

Just in the process of upgrading my old bike which i used intensively until i was 17, stopped and just started really getting back into riding.

I'm trying to fit an Avid Juicy 5 to my 1998 Manitou X-Verts (red ones!) on a 185mm rotor. I've found that Manitou changed the post mount spacing from 68mm to the 74mm now used in about 2000 and hence the five doesn't fit. Does anyone know where i could source a suitable adaptor to convert the mount or is it new forks time?

Cheers,
Tom

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have a look at A2Z adapters they do one for this.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    infact sorry you can not as the A2Z is old manitou to IS and also goes 20mm bigger.

http://www.a2zcomponents.com/ada.htm

AD-ISPM160
    Function/Features:
    - Converts International Standard (IS) type caliper mounting to Manitou type Post Mount (PM) mounting
    - Allows a larger diameter rotor (20~25mm larger in diameter or 25mm with spacers) to be used
    - Allow to adjust disc caliper to align with rotor
    - ISPM adapters also available in fork O.L.D 110 20mm thru-axle version.
    AD-ISPM-160.jpg

but you may be able to get an engineering shop to make some thing up.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Think this should work, as the avids come with an i.s. mount adapter, which should be able to connect the two?? Worth buying as a punt anyway as new forks will cost a lot more!!

Thank you very much

Tom
  • nicklouse
    yes but the disc will need to be 20mm bigger than the adapter that come with the brake set up.

EG adapter for front 160mm and the A2Z will need a 180mm disc.