Tour of The Black Mountains Sportive

2»

Comments

• JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    It`s probably the ASCENDING skills that matter most on this event IMHO; you`re wise to be cautious on the descents :) ,
    in last years TOBM I was right behind a guy who on the Gospel pass descent went straight into bank avoiding an oncoming tranny van (he was amazingly comletely unhurt) ; end of day it is not a race and a few seconds gained on a fast descent isn`t worth the personal risk-- great event overall, great weather too. :D:D
  • bprice
    bprice Posts: 61
    Has anyone noticed that the route according to the interactive map on the TOTBM website didnt tally with the actual route we followed on Saturday?
    I stopped at the hair pin half way down Gospel Pass wondering which direction to take. Riders swept past advising me to go straight on. which I did. We arrived, much to my surprise, at Hay on Wye.
    Would this be the reason that the 85 miles that I was supposed to have done was indeed 87 according to my cateye cycle computer? There were other riders with me at the end who felt it was 87 as well. :? Just an observation!

http://www.touroftheblackmountains.com/map.html
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Yes--- map also showed going to north side A40 Brecon to Trecastle, route actually followed south side, Mynydd Illtud; AND I recorded 118 miles for the 115 :) , all boards up to 40 miles agreed with my computer and then there was a 2 mile `jump` so I was reading an extra 2-3 miles more than the boards from there on
  • I'm sure everyone will have clocked their times from the event website by now but here's a report, some pics, plus the results, just in case. Well done to all who took part, it was an epic day that will live long in the memory.
  • cakewalk
    cakewalk Posts: 220
    JamesBwmb wrote:
    Yes--- map also showed going to north side A40 Brecon to Trecastle, route actually followed south side, Mynydd Illtud; AND I recorded 118 miles for the 115 :) , all boards up to 40 miles agreed with my computer and then there was a 2 mile `jump` so I was reading an extra 2-3 miles more than the boards from there on

Ditto my computer.
    "I thought of it while riding my bicycle."