too many Punctures

eve12matt20
eve12matt20 Posts: 37
edited June 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all
I was out in Glyncorrowg last night and i managed to get 3 punctures, i am riding tubless at approx 35PSI because i heared that we can run at lower pressures. Am i running them too low, i had to run the last 5km with my Orange P5 on my back not impressed at all to be honest any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks other than that a great night out.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what punctures are they? where on the tyre and what is causing them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The punctures are on the walls of the tyre pretty much where the tyre meets the rim
  • nicklouse
    snake bites. not much you can do, other than pick better lines through the rocks.

you are using proper tubeless tyres?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • i have the bonrager mud x on so it has nothing to do with the pressure then?
  • nicklouse
    i have the bonrager mud x on so it has nothing to do with the pressure then?
    well obviously you did not have enough pressure in the tyre for the times you got the punctures. 35psi does not sound too low for an average rider on an average trail. If anything a bit high.
  • Thanks for your help it very much appreciated. do you have any recommendations on tyres, i do a lot of XC around glyncorrwg as you may well know there are a fair few rocky sections.
  • do you have any recommendations on tubless sealant as i dont recommend stans