The new love of my life :)

moorehen
moorehen Posts: 95
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Arrived today and spent the evening setting everything up, fitting cleats to my new road shoes (Specialized comp road, very nice as well btw). Managed a quick ride down the road and after 2 years of mtb and hybrid commuter riding I'm wondering why the hell I ever left road riding.

Can't wait for the weekend to get out for a decent spin. :D

DSC01132.jpg

More pics here:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/moorehen/

Comments

• dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    Much nicer than what I've got. Enjoy!!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice. That's one fine looking bike you've got there. Enjoy your new stead. :)
  • johnnyc71
    johnnyc71 Posts: 178
    Nice looking bike - like the black and white colour scheme.
  • moorehen
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Going to get some miles in this weekend and build up some fitness.

Was thinking about joining a club or something, I live near Worthing so might take a look at Worthing Excelsior or just look out for riding buddies on here!! Anyone near Worthing fancy a ride out somewhen over the next couple of weeks?
  • Shame that bike has got in the way of what could have been a lovely pic of a compost bin! :lol:
    Only kidding mate, very nice indeed. :wink:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    johnnyc71 wrote:
    like the black and white colour scheme.
    It'll probably set the purists off on a witch hunt but I prefer the black/white he's bought to Celeste.

(runs to hastily assembled Anderson shelter)
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    So you went for Sora in the end - I was sure you'd been persuaded towards Xenon. Looks very nice, is that a full Sora setup?
    I had Sora levers on a Merckx winter bike a few years ago, controlling an odd mix of old Shimano 8 speed stuff - despite what people say, I absolutely loved them, still have them somewhere. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
  • What model of C2C is that? Was it from Evans?
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    She looks very pretty indeed

happy riding !!
  • moorehen
    Shame that bike has got in the way of what could have been a lovely pic of a compost bin! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Can put up pics of the bin on it's own if required!! It really is a lovely example with carbon fibre lid and carbon fibre wrapped alu body - very lightweight and a dream to dump garden rubbish into!!
  • moorehen
    What model of C2C is that? Was it from Evans?

It's a Via Nirone Alu/Carbon with Sora. I got it from Hargroves mail order (sussex/hampshire based dealer that's local to me). They were doing the bike for £525 plus 10% back in accessories so was about the best deal going.
  • moorehen
    bill57 wrote:
    So you went for Sora in the end - I was sure you'd been persuaded towards Xenon. Looks very nice, is that a full Sora setup?
    I had Sora levers on a Merckx winter bike a few years ago, controlling an odd mix of old Shimano 8 speed stuff - despite what people say, I absolutely loved them, still have them somewhere. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Yes went for the Sora and surprised myself!!. I rode both bikes again and just didn't feel the campag felt worth the extra £75, I've put this extra dosh in an 'upgrade fund' so as that builds up I'll do a big upgrade to 105 or something like that. Having plumped for the Sora it feels like I made the right decision, only time will tell.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Very posh looking, thats a top compost bin that is. Bet you didnt get that from the Council eh Mr Show off :roll: ?

She looks very nice indeed in Black, I would have taken that over Celeste. Wierdly enough I think the contrast of the water bottle sets it off quite nicely. Re upgrading, the only thing thats stopping me from upgrading my Sora to 105? Ultegra is only about £50 more :lol:

My only gripe, all photographs should be taken in the highest gear :o
  • moorehen wrote:
    Shame that bike has got in the way of what could have been a lovely pic of a compost bin! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Can put up pics of the bin on it's own if required!! It really is a lovely example with carbon fibre lid and carbon fibre wrapped alu body - very lightweight and a dream to dump garden rubbish into!!

I'll bet its a dream! Whenever you upgrade her, let me know, I have cold hard cash waiting! :wink:
  • i have that bike too! will post a pic later as iv got new wheels, new bar tape and pedals and stuff on her, but wow its my first road bike and its a brill bike to get the taste!

also make sure you get it serviced after a while and make sure your sora groupset is always correctly indexed and you will have no issues with it!
  • moorehen
    i have that bike too! will post a pic later as iv got new wheels, new bar tape and pedals and stuff on her, but wow its my first road bike and its a brill bike to get the taste!

also make sure you get it serviced after a while and make sure your sora groupset is always correctly indexed and you will have no issues with it!

Ah good choice!!

Be good to see a pic as wheels will probably be my first major upgrade (not for a while yet though).

Glad to hear your Sora is running well, I'll put the bike in for it's first free service after about 4-6 weeks then do the maintenance mostly myself as I'm quite happy with this and have invested in some decent tools and a workstand over the last few years. Also tinkering around with bikes is all part of the exerience isn't it!!! :wink:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You kids and your passion for swish, newfangled materials! My bin is a 1948 Smethwick-Donaldson single speed - braze-on handles and superior welds, and receives rubbish as flawlessly as it did back in the days of week-old pilchards, pale ale bottles and reconstitued egg:

gbm.jpg
  • moorehen
    edited June 2008
    biondino wrote:
    You kids and your passion for swish, newfangled materials! My bin is a 1948 Smethwick-Donaldson single speed - braze-on handles and superior welds, and receives rubbish as flawlessly as it did back in the days of week-old pilchards, pale ale bottles and reconstitued egg:

Ahh that's what I call a classic - really evokes the passion of bins gone by.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    biondino wrote:
    You kids and your passion for swish, newfangled materials! My bin is a 1948 Smethwick-Donaldson single speed - braze-on handles and superior welds, and receives rubbish as flawlessly as it did back in the days of week-old pilchards, pale ale bottles and reconstitued egg

For the full Austerity theme, you ought to mention empty Spam cans [1]! :wink:

David

[1] The food container, that is, as opposed to these; http://davebowles.fotopic.net/p46668890.html
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal