New Bike

kath10g
kath10g Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
I'm new to MTB and hopefully pick my MARIN WILDCAT up tomorrow. Thanks for your comments to my husbands query.Though there are some issues about whether it will be big enough for me. So it might end up being the specialized SAFIRE which does come in a close second. The shop I'm purchasing the bike from is great and has said that alterations can be made to the cockpit area so fingers crossed. All I have to do now is learn how to use it. Have been reading comments about courses and maintenance and they have all been a great help. This is a great site thanks to you all. Going to Thetford at the weekend to give it it's first outing fingers crossed.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a sit on them both again when you are there. As they say, bars and saddle can be tailored to you, but you don't want to alter them too much as the handling of the bike changes - always best to get a good size to start.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I have to say too, the Safire is a lot better value! Go for the Marin if its the best fit, but it has the spec of a bike half its price IMHO.
  • kath10g
    kath10g Posts: 5
    Thankyou for your comments, will make sure that it fits. It has been ordered in specially for me but on the understanding that if it's not right I don't have to have it. I didn't relise how difficult it would be to choose a bike. I also need to buy some MTB shoes as the last time out I wore some hiking trainers and got very, very wet.