Does the lens colour in glasses make a difference?

2»

Comments

• Ruffy
    Ruffy Posts: 15
    hi,

I have used the Tifosi Pave fototec (photochromatic) glasses for 18mths now and love them. Had to replace them recently (face planted a wall!) and found them for £39 inc delivery from Geoff Smith Cycles.

Cheers.

http://www.geoffsmithcycles.co.uk/sunglasses.html
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    The cheaper the better for me, loose them all the time. I like the ones with the changeable lenses, watch out for Aldi bike sales as the last pair I got from there were the best I;ve had for a while, shame I never got a few pairs!!
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Steve_F wrote:
    The cheaper the better for me, loose them all the time
    I lost my set of polarised Oakley eye jackets when I was looking into the sea from Menai Bridge, (fascinated by how you can see into the water).
    They just slipped off my sweaty face, and I watched them fall into the drink far, far below :oops:
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    For me, yes they do. If we are out in the forest I clip in the orange ones and it does make a difference. If you have problems with your eyes watering I'd make sure the glasses sit very close to your face, I still have problems with my eyes, on fast DH sections I can barely see sometimes!
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I've broken ones running over them on the bike, dived into Loch Tay with them on only to notice later they were gone, dropped them on a golf course, snapped them taking them off. Thankfully I don't but Oakleys or the like as I'd be broke by now :lol:
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike