Pitlochry accommodation

stu99
stu99 Posts: 177
Any recommendations for reasonably priced hotel or quality B&Bs from recent Etape Caledonia participants?

Comments

• wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 826
    Stu

We stayed at Craigatin(sp?) this year and they did a secure lock up, a cyclists' goodie bag and an early breakfast. The owner and his wife then cheered us on from the end of his drive and some people arranged for a shower on return.

Couldn't have asked for more - am already booked in for next year.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • KeithG
    KeithG Posts: 1,010
    The Moulin Hotel is a nice place with good pub grub and their own real ale, it's a short downhill run to the start.
    Dunmurray is also a good B&B and well positioned, I used to live there as a youngster! see http://www.dunmurray.co.uk/
    There are also 2 good hostels in town as well.
  • Sfelt
    Sfelt Posts: 55
    Would definitely not recommend the Tilt Hotel in Blair Atholl, as it would have been "TOO Dangerous to leave us some milk and cereal out for breakfast" also shit rooms with staff partying all night outside, then no way back into Pitlochry in the morning as the road was closed off early doors.
    Otheriwse a fantastic ride, very well organised, with a great meal in Pitlochry and more scenery than you can eat!
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Sfelt wrote:
    Would definitely not recommend the Tilt Hotel in Blair Atholl, as it would have been "TOO Dangerous to leave us some milk and cereal out for breakfast" also shoot rooms with staff partying all night outside, then no way back into Pitlochry in the morning as the road was closed off early doors.
    Otheriwse a fantastic ride, very well organised, with a great meal in Pitlochry and more scenery than you can eat!

Too many duff hotels in the UK. Way overpriced and service that makes you want to strangle hotel employees. That shoddy attitide is too common.
  • geocycle
    geocycle Posts: 202
    I'd recommend Ashbank House B+B. Bike stayed in the garage, they let me use it to fix a mechanical and ferried me down to the LBS for a part. Nice people.