Are Jagwire V-brake pads rim friendly?

dazzawazza
dazzawazza Posts: 462
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
I've just purchased some Jagwire V-brake holders and pads from a bike shop I had credit with and was wondering if they are rim friendly?
I'm going to install them on my MTB commuter which sees a lot of hard miles. The wheels are hand built with Mavic rims, which were a replacement over the factory wheels after wearing out the rims quite quickly, so it's a concern (I used some fairly crappy pads on the old wheels).
The original brake pads I used with the Mavics were Koolstop Salmons, with a very soft compound, but I have installed them on a second hand hack bike I've just purchased for my wife, because the rims are quite worn. I got her the bike because she was using her Dolce Elite road bike all the time and it was bound to get stolen considering some of the places she was leaving it. It also isn't suitable for tow paths and off road trips.
I've got some spare Koolstop Salmon pads, which fit in the Jagwire holders, but it seems a waste not to use the Jagwire pads first.
Also is it ok to use the Koolstop pads in the Jagwire holders, they just fit in with a bit of a squeeze? The holding pin also just fits in??
Thanks

Comments