Cleat Bolt - where art thou?

johnnyc71
johnnyc71 Posts: 178
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Going for a leisurely spin - and come up to some traffic lights on red - go to clip out with my left foot - and nothing happens :shock:

I had to roll through the red light (no danger luckily) - while I composed myself - unclipped right foot and had to take my foot out of the shoe. I got a few unusal looks from passers by, as I was pushing my bike to the kerb with a size 13 shoe hanging from the pedal!

The cleat bolt had snapped - and the cleat was stuck onto the shoe. Great start to my ride.

Comments

• sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    spd`s by any chance
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • johnnyc71
    sub55 wrote:
    spd`s by any chance

Yeah m520 pedals with SH51 cleats. The only pedals I have for my road bike at the moment. Last thing you expect is for a bolt to snap - the release tension was set to low too.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • johnnyc71
    My doctor recently recommended speedplay frogs to me - It has to stop somewhere - spending loads of money on bike gear...already purchased some bibshorts, jersey, baggies, kmc chain, links and new cleats tonight.
  • cannonfodder
    cannonfodder Posts: 183
    johnnyc71 wrote:
    spending loads of money on bike gear...already purchased some bibshorts, jersey, baggies, kmc chain, links and new cleats tonight.

Good man!