L2P this Thursday

RichardFcp
RichardFcp Posts: 155
Anyone riding London to Paris that starts this Thursday? If so, come and say hello. Riding no: 218 and I shall be in the slow boys group 4! :lol:

Comments

• sithebike
    sithebike Posts: 213
    Not riding this one, but will be riding L2P that starts on July 9th.
    Good luck mate and remember to update us when you get back.
    Enjoy

Simon
  • schmiew1
    schmiew1 Posts: 11
    Yep, I'll be there no. 113. riding in group 1, If I see you I will say hello
  • RichardFcp
    The most physical and mental challenge I have ever faced but one that was successfully completed on Saturday afternoon when we managed to bring the entire centre of Paris to a halt.

Sadly though, any success is overshadowed by the most stupid, senseless, futile, wrong time wrong place accident that took the life of a group 1 elite rider on Friday afternoon.

I didn't know him but RIP Andy D'Agata :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    That sounds awful. He was riding for CSC wasnt he?

What were the circumstances?
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    Doesn't he run one of the cycling adventure holiday outfits??
  • RichardFcp
    I don't know all of the details, so please forgive me if anyone knows more or any part of this is wrong or feels that I shouldn't be posting this but I was told by another group 1 rider that Andy skidded on some spilt diese and fell. One of the motorcycle outriders just behind him, all of whom were on very big bikes, tried to avoid him, skidded on the same diesel and came down on top of him, motorbike and all, and he sustained serious head injuries from which he passed away on Saturday.

Just a fraction of time or distance differently and this might never have happened.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/t ... ride-17276

Other than this tragic event the Londres-Paris for me was fantastic!
    I'd never been to Paris before but to roll with full road closure along the Champs Elysees, past the Arc de Triomphe and stop in the park below the Eiffel Tower.. it just doesn't get any better! Massive thanks to the Londres-Paris team!
  • Soreknees
    Soreknees Posts: 68
    "Just a fraction of time or distance differently and this might never have happened."

Not meaning to be facetious but I guess that statement would apply to a very large percentage of accidental deaths.