Got The Bike, Don't Laugh, PICS.

Paul Sh
Paul Sh Posts: 607
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Ok, I got my new Giant yesterday, it's not a supa doopa spec TBH but it's a start on the roadie ladder, the gears are my biggest gripe as the SRAM X9s on my MTB are far more superior.
Having said that, i done 13 miles today on my MTB in horrific winds and was totaly knackered, I jumped on the Giant and i must say it was a breeze to ride good components or not, Anyway, a few pics.
2iavs4o.jpg
2zybyu9.jpg

Don't really like the Cateye on my MTB so bought one of these,
214ehlj.jpg

Gears, Hmmmmm

2h5li6a.jpg
339naeb.jpg

And finally, when i grow up i'm gonna have one of these,

102nj9t.jpg

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    you have made a brilliant choice for a first bike mate. Nothing wrong with a Giant, happy riding.
  • sibike
    sibike Posts: 257
    nice looking bike,hope you enjoy it .
  • Gr.uB
    Gr.uB Posts: 145
    Another Giant fan here.
    I have grown up :D2008-06-0100-54-03_0009.jpg
  • Stuww
    Stuww Posts: 203
    Hi Gr.uB

What is the light and bracket you have fitted to your Giant ?

Stu
  • shoei
    shoei Posts: 14
    Can i add mine? :wink:

Frame, crank, seatpost, saddle, bars and shifters from the brother in law, i bought the rest hence its a bit of a bitsa groupset wise, but it works a treat and i love it.

2449054649_f1b12a3ca6.jpg
  • Matt-B
    Matt-B Posts: 112
    I bought a Giant SCR 2 about 2-3 weeks ago to replace my ageing Dyna-Tech, and I have been very impressed. It's a great bike, the compact road frame suits me (as an MTBer) much better than standard road frames and it shoots up hills much quicker than any other bike I've owned. Having said that, I'm very new to the 'road' thing - it does seem much nippier than the Cannondale R900 I owned for a while though.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Just thought I'd also step in in defense of GIant's, being an SCR3 owner, I have to say it has made a lovely introduction into road bikes for me and is my first "proper" bike - i.e one that cost quite a bit (I was happy to spend more but the wife would have killed me!) and didn't come from halfords :-)

So far I've only changed to the brake pads and tyres, all the stop/start commuting in London really wears em down!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • s1mon
    s1mon Posts: 618

Dinotte, http://www.dinottelighting.com/ great lights, I have the front ones they do, 200L + 600L. On One used to sell them but they don't list them anymore :?

Oh great choice for your first road bike, I've got a SCR too as my first road bike.

Simon.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    another happy giant user here, i have an scr 2 and a giant trance mtb bike :D
  • winoneday
    winoneday Posts: 253
    I love my Giant, people seem to mock them alot, however everyone who tries one seems to be impressed.
  • Gr.uB
    Gr.uB Posts: 145
    Stuww wrote:
    Hi Gr.uB

Stu

Correct later on.
    Dinotte rear 140R-LI-2C and on the front a Use Exposure Joystick mounted on a Topeak BarXtender. I have the Use on flash mode to stop cars overtaking from hitting me head on.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    winoneday wrote:
    I love my Giant, people seem to mock them alot, however everyone who tries one seems to be impressed.

The 2009 Giants look far better than the current crop, they might be good frames but they just don't look as good as the opposition (until 2009)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    I have an SCR2 and within two weeks the bottom bracket had to be replaced! A sealed job, but was done under warranty. Second ride after replacement the BB came loose and ruined a good ride with friends. Decided not to take it back to local bike shop and tightened it myself.
    Next ride it came loose again! Drastic action was called for, so, I removed the sealed unit altogether and wiped the copious amounts of grease from the unit, lightly greased the thread of the cups and added a LITTLE smear of Loctite to the faces of said cups. Re-assembled the BB and chainset; no problem since. BUT as I was putting the Shimano chain onto the chainset what did I find but the outer plate of one link completley sheared! This chain was only three months old and had about 500 miles use.
    Moral: Quality control at Giant non-existent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :roll: :roll:
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    Another Giant fan here too....I own an XTC4 and the SCR4...only mine ain't that clean!!! It's a start but TBH I can't see me getting a carbon bike!!!

The only problem I've had so far is the spokes on the rear snapping on the sprocket side, but I'm a hefty rider and the new spokes seem to be holding up.
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Dunedin397
    Dunedin397 Posts: 149
    Nice bike Paul SH, enjoy it.

Dunedin
  • C-S-B
    C-S-B Posts: 117
    dont you just love the look of a shiny new bike? :D

enjoy!