New Carrera Fury - 1st ride

Chris5.5
Chris5.5 Posts: 154
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
Well picked uo the bike from Halfords yesterday, really impressed with the bike, especially the forks which are sublime compared to the suntour forks I had on my old bike.

The only issue I had is the tyres seem to generate a lot of drag on the uphill road parts around Macclesfield Forest, is there any tyres that anyone can recomend that are good for general xc but roll well on the road?

Oh heres a pic, the wife got a £75 discount through her work and Halfords still gave me the £50 free voucher.

2cehv82.jpg

Chris

Comments

• Gaffyr
    Gaffyr Posts: 3
    Try Panaracer Cinders, i did & still do !
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    or Panaracer Fire XC Pro 8)
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • Gaffyr
    Gaffyr Posts: 3
    New Panaracer Rampage are supposed to be good (gotta try em soon) a bit like Kenda Nevegal
    Gaffyr Gadget Sponsored by Panaracer (NOT) lol :lol:
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    Tbh when im cycling to Macclesfield forrest i notice alot of drag too. However its just a trade off you have to accpet if you want good grip off road.I have the Panaracer XC Pro and you will still notice the drag if not more.They more than make up for it off road though. Just push harder up the hills . A little drag will be good for your strength and stamina.

I would change those tyres though. I cant recommend the Panaracer's enough. I keep finding new levels of grip with them, and they are extremely forgiving. When the grip does go, and you start to slide the tyres bite and find grip. Truly impressive tyres.
  • pdrolo
    pdrolo Posts: 127
    sort that bottlecage !
    Roadie with an MTB

www.cyclestuff.org.uk
  • abbots_mike
    abbots_mike Posts: 280
    i like it, nothing wrong with some colour!
  • Chris5.5
    Chris5.5 Posts: 154
    The bottlecage is a ringle one that I had on my first decent mountain bike about 18 years ago when anodised purple was all the rage!! 8)

Notice the original Onza bar ends as well.

Just a bit of nostalga and it does the job as well as anything else.

Chris
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Really impressed by the quality of the frame on that bike.

Externally butted ring reinforced head tube, big gusset on the downtube, seat post brace, square profile seat stays, CNC dropouts.

Very nice indeed!
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey