Don't like this route-r.

bigjim
bigjim Posts: 780
edited June 2008 in The bottom bracket
So I buy the router. Eventually I get the computer to recognise the router but it will not connect to a web page even though computer says that I am Internet connected. However I note that WLAN is disconnected. I am assuming that this is causing the problem though I could be wrong. Trouble is I cannot find out how to turn the WLAN on. Does anybody out there know? I am on VISTA. Are all Routers as bad as this? The instructions are that technical it is unbelievable? Be grateful for any help.

Cheers. Jim. :)

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    No "quick set up guide" with the router?

Which router do you have?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    bigjim

If you say your computer is "connected to the internet", then i presume that you have a wired connection to your router. Therefore if this is correct, you will have no need for WLAN to be turned on.

Could you specify the router you are using, and the internet connection you are using (i.e. is it virgin media cable?)

Please confirm that you have your modem connected to the "internet port on your router, and that your router has a lit up light for the connection going from your router > PC.

I am guessing you should have a total of 3 lit lights on your router?

Please provide the above information
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Hi
    Router is a Pluscom. It is recognised by computer as a wireless connection. It is on a Virgin network via setop box. 4 lights lit 2 flashing to show that the router is connected. There is a quickstart which when complete informs you that the Router is connecting you to the net but when you try to open a page you get the page not available message. Further info in handbook is very technical and no troubleshooter. When they mention channel what do they mean?

Jim