New Bike Advice

mickcab
mickcab Posts: 13
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Hi been riding for a few years now on an old hybrid and would really like a new road bike but a bit confused what one to buy,narrowed it down can you guys please try and guide me in the right direction.
These are the bikes
Trek 1.7
Allez Elite 08
Btwin sport 4
Boardman Team
I like the look of the btwin but know nothing about them and dont want to waste my money.
Many Thanks
Mick

Comments

• meanwhile
    meanwhile Posts: 392
    I've never ridden any of these, but anything Spec and Trek is normally reckoned a safe bet. People seem to think that Ribble offer terrific value, although customer service can be poor; "Focus" bikes from Wiggle seem to have a very nice rep for the money; and if I was buying a road bike today I'd probably put my money down on a Planet X. But mostly just "Bump" in the hope someone who knows about the Btwin will come along.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I looked at and tried the Trek (can't remember which it was, 1.5?) Allez Sport 07 when I bought my roadie a year ago.

This is a great time to buy because the 09 bikes will be out soon, discounts!

I went for the Allez because I prefered the geometary.

I narrowed it down to two quite quickly, otherwise I get confused!

You need to test what you want.

The Allez is a great bike, but you must get what fits and suits you.
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • mickcab
    mickcab Posts: 13
    meanwhile wrote:
    I've never ridden any of these, but anything Spec and Trek is normally reckoned a safe bet. People seem to think that Ribble offer terrific value, although customer service can be poor; "Focus" bikes from Wiggle seem to have a very nice rep for the money; and if I was buying a road bike today I'd probably put my money down on a Planet X. But mostly just "Bump" in the hope someone who knows about the Btwin will come along.

Thanks for the advice
    Mick