New bike arrived!

BlackSpur
BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
edited June 2008 in The Crudcatcher
YAY!! My new bike is here! Love the position, looks great, but I'm still to find out how she rides. Looks much better than in the pics on the interent but I need to get some copter tape to protect to finish from cable rub. Wheel refelctors have now been removed BTW!

IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg

One thing I am slightly worried about is this scratch in the paint on the stanchions - is it going to be a problem?

IMG_1121.jpg
"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wouldnt be happy about the scratch to be honest, how eay would it be to get in touch with the retailer?

the paint is going to wear off pretty quick once it gets repeatedly rubbed by the seals, plus, you have paid good money, it should be perfect.

nice looking bike though by the way.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Nice blinds, pity there's a bike is blocking the view of them :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gkf9
    gkf9 Posts: 176
    You wont be disappointed when you ride it!! Its a great bike but the ali frame scratches very easy tho!
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    i built one of those the other day. and i agree, brilliant looking bikes. havetn ridden one but would like the chance to. good buy!! id get the forks checked out though.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The scratches would annoy me too - but I don't think they'll cause any damage. Report it to the shop though, just incase the coating starts to lift.

The front house should be strapped sown somewhere to stop it rubbing.

But, a silver GT - welcome to the club!
  • BlackSpur
    I'll definitely mention it to them. There is a hose clip on the fork behind the stanchion and I thought this was the wrong place. I'll have a look at moving it round at some point.

Anyway I just got back from my first ride! OE tyres are poor on loose rock and it doesn't ascend any better that my last bike, but on the bits in between it's great!
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Nice bike there you have, enjoy it mate. :)
    About the tires, they are not that expencive to change it in near future.
    Maybe tubeless.
  • R1D3R
    R1D3R Posts: 143
    GT :?
    XC :?
    <hr noshade size="1">
    part of the anti-EMO association
  • GibboGT
    GibboGT Posts: 287
    It is a nice looking bike, I didn't like the look of it online, but saw one in store a few weeks back, looks tasty!
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    Looking at the picture of the fork, it looks like the wiper seal has been lifted or not set in to the correct depth.
    Do you know what caused the scratch, ie was it there before you picked the bike up from the shop.
    In my experience a scratch will allow crud and crap to enter the area under the seal. Depending on what the fork is, this can cause problems.
    If you purchased this bike and the scratch was there, I would want he shop to exchange it.
    I'm just suffering from OCD though.
  • BlackSpur
    Just thought I'd update you all - the shop are calling Hotwheels on Monday to see if they will send new forks or a new bike.