I need a good pump,fnar fnar

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
I don't know if its because I am just too weedy or what but I struggle getting my tires pumped up to the recommended 120lbs/square inch with my track pump I bought from Halfrauds. Does anyone know a good track pump which you don't have to put your entire weight on to pump those pesky tires?
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• SKS Rennkompressor is the One True Track Pump aka The Way, The Light[1] & The Track Pump.

Quite a few others are also pretty good though. Reviews here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... track-pump

[1] Well, the Quite Heavy actually on account of the cast base. Recommended for use in hand to hand combat, as long as you're somewhere you can get a good swing going.
    John Stevenson
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Blackburn Air Tower is what I use, 120psi in 12 strokes, will go up to 160psi if need be and you don't need to be The Incredible Hulk to use it either :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    McBain_v1- which Blackburn Air Tower do you use? 1/2/4/5?
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    Blackburn Air Tower is what I use, 120psi in 12 strokes, will go up to 160psi if need be and you don't need to be The Incredible Hulk to use it either :wink:

I've got one of their track pumps too - only one of the cheaper efforts but still has a metal barrel and pressure gauge. Very pleased with it, so no intention of switching away from Blackburn any time soon (after reading the footie news the other day, not something you'll hear David Bentley saying much at the moment :wink: ).

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • jed1978
    jed1978 Posts: 87
    wrenchforce track pump is excellent
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I've had a few track pumps in my time and the Blackburns have always been the best (the one I'm using atm is about 12 years old and still fine - I did have an a 10 year break from cycling in the middle though :p ). When it's time to change I'm going to get the TP-5.