Tour de Suisse Stage 2 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2008 in Pro race
Nasty nasty weather.

Loads of CSC and Lampre towards the front.

Have I mentioned TdS is the first cycle race I ever saw as a 5 year old? :D
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    :oops: :oops: :oops:
    fed wrong info :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • iainf72
    Oh look - An attack by the 6'4 mountain goat Jens Voigt
  • iainf72
    1 Igor Anton Hernandez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
    2 Kim Kirchen (Lux) Team High Road
    3 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre
    4 Frank Schleck (Lux) CSC
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,394
    Igor Anton! :shock:

Some very interesting pointers for the Tour, on that first MTF. All in Danish. 8)

The Schlecks try to work everybody over with the same tactics as LBL.
    Frank certainly looked strong and wasn't prepared to let Cunego get back without a fight.
    (now, where have I seen that before ?:wink:)

Devolder looks a much lighter shade of dark horse after that. Climbed very strongly. Kirchen too.
    Cunego? Nobody would work with him, that's for sure. I sense they all think he is the danger man. looks about right for 3 weeks off the Tour form.

I don't know who saw it and at the risk of sound anti-Astana again: What were their tactics, putting Kloeden up for peloton domestique?
    I was thinking he'd be team leader, but he obviously isn't. I wonder if he's still a little unwell, after the Giro?)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    I don't know who saw it and at the risk of sound anti-Astana again: What were their tactics, putting Kloeden up for peloton domestique?
    I was thinking he'd be team leader, but he obviously isn't. I wonder if he's still a little unwell, after the Giro?)

Aye - they looked like they had a plan but it wasn't Kloeden as leader. Or they were doing some random pace making coz its what they know how to do? :P

Devolder did look good - Mind you, Lance reckons he's a Tour guy...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,394
    Well, the results explain Kloeden. I see he came in with Andy Schleck. I thought I'd seen him come in over 2 minutes down! Net feeds are not the best.:oops:
    So, he is team leader and Astana were just driving the pace. If he can get a bit closer in the second MTF, he should go well in the Mountain TT. Although, those stages are notoriously unpredictable, with the pure climbers doing much better........if there are any pure climbers in the bunch. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.