Decent (long'ish) rides in London

phreak
phreak Posts: 2,941
I'm looking for some decent long'ish rides in London. Is anyone here in a club or goes solo on rides in the capital out into the surrounding counties? I'm in South-East London so Kent area would seem obvious, but it's always nice to go with others.

Comments

• ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Get up to St Germain cafe on Crystal Palace Parade for about 9:00-9:30 on Sundays and there will be others gathering from assorted clubs for a run out though the suburbs and into the lanes of the North Downs. Usually 70-100 km, but sometimes people are up for a longer jaunt, perhaps over towards Dorking and the hills there. Otherwise they usually head over towards the Sevenoaks area.
  • phreak
    ricadus wrote:
    Get up to St Germain cafe on Crystal Palace Parade for about 9:00-9:30 on Sundays and there will be others gathering from assorted clubs for a run out though the suburbs and into the lanes of the North Downs. Usually 70-100 km, but sometimes people are up for a longer jaunt, perhaps over towards Dorking and the hills there. Otherwise they usually head over towards the Sevenoaks area.

Sounds good, thanks :)
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    phreak wrote:
    I'm looking for some decent long'ish rides in London. Is anyone here in a club or goes solo on rides in the capital out into the surrounding counties? I'm in South-East London so Kent area would seem obvious, but it's always nice to go with others.
    Come and hook up with the best and friendliest club in the south East - Addiscombe Cycling Club. Meet at Coulsdon South Station at 9.15am every saturdays - four/five different groups from beginners, intermidiate to racing groups. www.addiscombe.org/members/phpBB2/index.php
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Where in SE London? Have Sidcup Cyles run on a Saturday 8.30am start and also West kent and Woolwich have runs from Bexley Village
  • phreak
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Where in SE London? Have Sidcup Cyles run on a Saturday 8.30am start and also West kent and Woolwich have runs from Bexley Village

Sorry for the slow response. I'm in Southwark.
  • insomniboy
    insomniboy Posts: 30
    Witcomb cycles in Deptford have a few runs too I believe, details on their website.
    I\'m not doing laps, I\'m looking for the way out.