Six bikes on a car

psutton
psutton Posts: 206
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
We are a family of six with a Renault Espace. For some years we have done weekend trips and holidays with 5 bikes plus a trailer bike - roofbox plus my audax bike on top plus 4 on a towbar mounted Thule carrier. It is now time to bring six bikes plus trailer bike plus camping clobber plus all other holiday necessaries :? !!

I am seriously struggling to work out how to do this. I have found this carrier but have nowere to store it. I am sure I have seen people with trailers with bikes mounted on top but cannot find them anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    psutton wrote:
    We are a family of six with a Renault Espace. For some years we have done weekend trips and holidays with 5 bikes plus a trailer bike - roofbox plus my audax bike on top plus 4 on a towbar mounted Thule carrier. It is now time to bring six bikes plus trailer bike plus camping clobber plus all other holiday necessaries :? !!

I am seriously struggling to work out how to do this. I have found this carrier but have nowere to store it. I am sure I have seen people with trailers with bikes mounted on top but cannot find them anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!
    Google for car trailer carrying bikes and the first result you find is this - it's a bit expensive though - £549.99 - yikes :shock: !

PS Oops, that's the same one that you mentioned isn't it, and far more expensive too :oops: !
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you have a trailer for carrying the camping gear, as in a car trailer? does it have a hard top? can you fit roof bars to it? bikes on car and on trailer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown