Anyone fancy a ride tomorrow? - Warley, Essex (nr M25 J28)

nismo nick
nismo nick Posts: 25
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Yep, i'm off down the local trails tomorrow, and just wondered if anyone fancied a blast? Sort of things there are short but pretty good DH runs mixed up with some freeride, absolute monster of a jump section with loads of packs and transitions. Also a few drops, but nothing amazing.
Its a good for beginners to get started, and for intermediates to just have a play......

Just chuck Warley jump or DH into Youtube, and you can have a look ;)

Directions:

Off J28 of M25/A127 towards Southend, Basildon, etc.
Come of at next junction, and turn left.
Follow road about half a mile, and turn right on the left hand bend (Bird Lane)
Follow this road on to the top of the hill, bear left, and you come to a car park on your left for Brentwood Ski Slope/Go Karting.
All the trails are in the woods behind the Kart track...... plus some more hidden ones.

;)
Always in search for my next adrenalin fix......
Univega RAM9DH Team for off road,
Nissan Silvia S14a with almost 400 raging ponies for on the road.

Comments

• buzz1
    buzz1 Posts: 374
    Hi, just read this so too late, but we have a group of 2,3 sometimes 4 of us get down there during the week (mainly A.M.) been going there for about 6 months and only just getting the hang of it really, maybe see you down there another time and you can show us how it's done!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72834654@N00/
  • nismo nick
    Well, i'm back down there again this afternoon...... There are some new trails now, and some are absolutely mental!!!!! So can't get enough of it...... lol ;)
  • buzz1
    There has been alot of building going on over there this year, should be good when dried out properly :D
    have a good one over there and let us know how ya get on!!

• nismo nick
    Yep, had a blinding run yesterday..... with only one near spill off the big "north shore" drop into the double. Over shot the landing and come down front wheel heavy, hung over the front wheel for about 15ft and managed to save it, lol.

Might be there next Sunday, plans permitting ;)
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Hello there.

Would love some directions to get there - have haerd about it but can never find it.

Thanks
    BJB

Edit - D'oh! they're in the first post! - Blonde moment!
  • nismo nick
    lol ;)

Will be there again Sunday hopefully if anyone wants a guided tour?
  • buzz1
    Been there today, stacked it at the bottom of the run where, after a tyre jump there's a small berm with about 6" of mud in it, luckily stopped just short of a soaking but had a laugh about it. Then my mate snapped a bolt on the rear shock of his ransom!
    other than that had a good day.

• nismo nick
    Buzz, we'll have to hook up one day down there....

Had a wicked ride last weekend, and well up for it tomorrow ;)
  • nismo nick wrote:
    Yep, i'm off down the local trails tomorrow, and just wondered if anyone fancied a blast? Sort of things there are short but pretty good DH runs mixed up with some freeride, absolute monster of a jump section with loads of packs and transitions. Also a few drops, but nothing amazing.
    Its a good for beginners to get started, and for intermediates to just have a play......

Just chuck Warley jump or DH into Youtube, and you can have a look ;)

Directions:

Off J28 of M25/A127 towards Southend, Basildon, etc.
    Come of at next junction, and turn left.
    Follow road about half a mile, and turn right on the left hand bend (Bird Lane)
    Follow this road on to the top of the hill, bear left, and you come to a car park on your left for Brentwood Ski Slope/Go Karting.
    All the trails are in the woods behind the Kart track...... plus some more hidden ones.
    Fantastic! Dude, you've just given me an ACTUAL reason to go and visit the inlaws as they live in Brentwood and thus i avoid the place at all costs normally :lol:
    ;)
  • nismo nick
    No worries, if your heading that way, give me a shout and we'll hook up and i'll show you around ;)

Well, Sundays ride started pretty chilled, but by the afternoon i was riding a little 15ft drop and hitting the bottom pretty much every time, which upset my BB and spun it...... So bike is need of repair now, but yet another FAT DAY!!!!!! :)
  • willbuck
    willbuck Posts: 4
    does anybody still use this track?
  • BigJimmyB
    Dunno, so will see if anyone pops up.

Not much of a DH/Jump guy meself, but would love to have a look round....
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Yes, not too much of the Jumps but more of the trails. Jumping isnt for 15 stone idiots on carbon bikes! LOL
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • plork123
    plork123 Posts: 112
    What are the trails like? Is it XC type trails?

What sort of distance do you do?

Thanks
  • VWsurfbum
    firstly unless you like dirt jumping there's not loads of stuff.
    a few XC routes but mainly passing through routes from brentwood to thorndon.
    this is a link to the route i do for training, it passes all the dirt jumps and little down hill sections.
    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=267202
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    That seems to miss out most of the trails I ride, I usually clock up 20 plus miles.

A lot more technical trails to add to that.

I usually ride over there 3-4 times a week, so anyone is welcome to tag along.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • BigJimmyB
    Thanks VW and Rob.

Rob, do you ride any particular days/times?

Thanks
    BJB
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Saturday and Sunday morning starting 8:30-9. Two or sometimes three mornings in the week about 6:30 or in the evenings I'm fairly flexable.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • BigJimmyB
    Great,

OK, I'll come back to you abt the weekend rides, as I know a couple of others who may be interested.

Cheers

BJB
  • VWsurfbum
    Gonna head out on thursday night hopefully to get a bit muddy if anyone fancies it?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • GT-Dave
    GT-Dave Posts: 1,441
    Some of us often ride over there on Sunday mornings, doing the XC trails, and a few others have been doing alot of work maintaining & sessioning the jumps.

http://www.eppingcru.co.uk
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    What time tonight?
    Are you meeting at Warley?

I'd like to go over there on a sunday sometime and see someone actually use those crazy jumps!
  • BigJimmyB
    GT Dave - sent you a PM a while back - did you get it?
  • VWsurfbum
    Depending on weather we all have to meet at Noah's ark or not? i'll be leaving home about 7 7-30? can meet either in brentwood or warley or even thorndon?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Belv
    I'll be a fair bit later than that tonight, unfortunately.
  • GT-Dave
    GT-Dave Posts: 1,441
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    GT Dave - sent you a PM a while back - did you get it?

:lol: Just seen it, not often logged on BR. Replied. ;)
  • VWsurfbum
    If you were any of the guys i met last night for the ride, Cheers and hopefully meet up with you all again soon.
    Epic ride, but my shin's are of fire from all those nettles and brambles when we had to push that tree out the way.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Belv
    Wasn't me, I didn't out last night.
    Sounds like fun though (I like a bit of topiary with my mountain biking!), is it a weekly ride?
  • VWsurfbum
    its been a long week, i had to look that up.
    "Topiary is the art of creating sculpture s in the medium of clipped trees , shrub s and sub-shrub s. The word derives from the Latin word ... "
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Belv
    Yes.
    Perhaps 'landscaping' would have been a better word since you only moved the tree!