Advice

CyclingBantam
CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Following being hit (she accepted it was her fault) on Wednesday I have heard today from my LBS that the repair bill will be at about the £350 mark (I have a 2007 Trek 1000). Do you think it is worth getting the repairs done or seeing as I only spent about £400 on the bike I would be better off using the cash on upgrading to a better bike? I could look to spend about £200 extra myself for a better bike.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could upgrade to and if it would be worth it or should I just get mine repaired?

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    hmmm i would say get a new bike for piece of mind, the bike shop wont say its a right off them and claim the full on the lady's insrance (don't mean that in the dodgy way but its very close)

Then if you want to upgrade you can, or not, you now the bike is 100% condition

Will
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    Any impact big or small, between a bike and a car could hide a multitude of problems. The bike may look fine on the outside but there could be structural issues that can't be picked up by the naked eye (hairline fractures etc).

Go for the new bike, claim it on her insurance...might teach her a lesson to keep her eye's open a bit more! :D

And yes I am biased towards cyclists even though I drive!!!!! :twisted:
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny