Get me from Richmond Park to the Dorking / Reigate area

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
I currently live near Richmond Park on a Monday to Friday basis. Next week I should have finished my new build and I plan to ride home to Worthing, Sussex next Friday afternoon/evening.

Once I'm in the Dorking & Reigate area I know the country lanes and roads I need to be using to get back to Worthing really - the bit I don't have a clue about is the bit from Richmond to Dorking as I don't know the roads and have no idea which to avoid etc.

Can anyone help me with a route? :shock:

Ta 8)

Comments

• Michuel
    Michuel Posts: 269
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I currently live near Richmond Park on a Monday to Friday basis. Next week I should have finished my new build and I plan to ride home to Worthing, Sussex next Friday afternoon/evening.

Once I'm in the Dorking & Reigate area I know the country lanes and roads I need to be using to get back to Worthing really - the bit I don't have a clue about is the bit from Richmond to Dorking as I don't know the roads and have no idea which to avoid etc.

Can anyone help me with a route? :shock:

Ta 8)

My route would be Richmond-Kingston-HamptonCourt-Esher-Cobham-DownsideRoad-EffinghamJunction (RailwayStation)-Effingham-Bookham-towards PolesdenLacey-bear left to West Humble-A24-CyclingLane to Dorking

Coming back I go Dorking-A24 Cycling Lane-Leatherhead Town-towards Crematorium and Cobham-Stoke D'Abernon-then either Fairmile Lane or Cobham to Esher-behind SandownPark racecourse-HamptonCourt-BushyPark-Twickenham (or Teddington over Thames Bridge) to Richmond/Park
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Try this in the opposite direction http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Th ... ham-London It’s a route I use to travel from the mother-in-laws to the brother-in-laws. It’s a great route (though I say so myself) and pretty low on traffic. The last time I did it was at Easter in a snowstorm.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Looks perfect Yogi, ta 8)
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Try as an alternative Kingston, Tolworth, Kingston Road towards Ewell, Right on Ruxley Lane, Epsom, Epsom Downs, Headley, Burford Bridge (foot of Boxhill), Dorking