Dales Cycles

tenbar
tenbar Posts: 94
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Hello again
I am currently pondering over whether I should get a new bike to update my 1992 Denton Cycles shimano 600 biopace steely. It's a decent bike but the gearing is a bit on the high side for trips around here in the dales. It's a 653 frame with a 52/42 and 13-27 set up.

Anyway I was considering blowing the bank and going for something around the £2K figure. I am particularly taken by the 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert at £1999 (the same price in all the places I've looked). Now this bike is available at Dales Cycles for this price with 36 month interest free credit. This sounds like an impressive deal.

So my question to the forum is, has anyone dealt with this company before and does the deal look as good to you as it does to me?

thanks
Tenbar

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Yes, I bought my Roubaix Expert from them and they are excellent.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Don't know if it's of any interest but THESE have a 2007 model for £1600.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • craiguk
    craiguk Posts: 39
    If you are refering to Dales in Glasgow, I bought my mtb from them and have used them for other cycle accesories. They are a good helpfull dealer and I wouldn't have any problem in recommending them.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Yeah,

If it's Dales in Glasgow you'll have no problem - they've been in the same place in Glasgow for goodness-knows-how-long and are a very reputable shop.
  • tenbar
    tenbar Posts: 94
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go for it. The deal also has 10% of the value in free Specialized accessories. This deal is consistent with all new '08 Specialized purchases throughout the land.
    cheers
    tenbar
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    grantus wrote:
    Yeah,

If it's Dales in Glasgow you'll have no problem - they've been in the same place in Glasgow for goodness-knows-how-long and are a very reputable shop.
    I got my first bike from them - well a tricycle really - when I was, at tops, 4 years old. So, that's at least 39 years!

I agree with the others - it's an excellent LBS!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    I wouldn't use them after my first bike buying experience in 1993 and spending 750 quid - and now prefer to go elsewhere!!

My prejudices aside, if its mail order, I doubt you'll have any problems as they have been well established for many years.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    You could always change the gearing of your existing bike. Either a triple or a compact would make things easier for you, or you could fit an mtb freewheel or cassette and an mtb rear mech and fix things that way.

Denton cycles used to be my LBS in Newcastle.