Pain in the Pennines - who's doing it

2»

Comments

• davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    ColinJ wrote:
    Update on the road closure - body of 60-year-old man pulled from reservoir.

Very sad ... :cry:

Agreed, but looking on the bright side at least he got 60 years. Hopefully most of them were very enjoyable.

David
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Mytholm Steeps eh?

If we get a decent day next weekend I could be up for a go at that......only 27.7 miles from my house!! :shock: 8)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    On the Halifax-imps webpage, if anyone is interested.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    edited June 2008
    Pokerface wrote:
    On the Halifax-imps webpage, if anyone is interested.
    Results link
    Third-from-last on the 63 miler :? Note to self - must lose weight and fix bad back!
  • davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    I somehow came 29th out of 53 on the 60 mile run. I thought it would be much worse than that!!!

Rode the 10 miles into work this morning and it felt like hard going. Even checked to see if back wheel was rubbing when I arrived.

I also need to loose some weight and get fitter.

David
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well - I came about 14th on the 60 mile ride. And I only have one leg! For real. But I've lost 6 stone in weight since last November - so anyone can get fit if they make the effort - and let me tell you, it's well worth it!

Cycling from London to Paris in 5 weeks time too for charity. www.action.org.uk/colinlynch

It really helps when you lose weight going up those hills. Could never do it before.

I somehow came 29th out of 53 on the 60 mile run. I thought it would be much worse than that!!!

Rode the 10 miles into work this morning and it felt like hard going. Even checked to see if back wheel was rubbing when I arrived.

I also need to loose some weight and get fitter.

David