Nice Bike hire

bikerboy100
bikerboy100 Posts: 9
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi

I'm off to Nice for a few days and want to do two days biking but would rather not go down the bikebox route and flying. Anyone point me in the right direction of decent bike hire around the area?

Thanks in advance :!:

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Just returned from there..There's a bike hire shop right across from Nice Railway station entrance but it is mainly scooter hire also...
    jc
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply but I was looking for a decent bike if possible (scott etc). How was the biking in Nice and have you any recomendations (or web sites) to help plan my trip? Thanks again.
  • mateotu
    mateotu Posts: 33
    I'm assuming you're visiting Nice from the UK - if not then please ignore this post!

Are you keen to hire an exotic road-going rocketship for the day - or do you just not fancy the lottery that is the airport baggage system? ;)

If you just want to ride, have you thought about going by train? It's pretty slow so it might not be ideal if time is tight; but it's comfortable, and both Eurostar and the TGV now have proper bike spaces. So you could take your own bike, which is the best bike in the world if you ask me!

Sorry, I've been to Nice a few times but I can't help with the original question. If you find a good hire place let us know!
  • Hi

I would rather hire a decent bike out in Nice or if they are not avalible i will take my own (am flying as i'm only going for a few days).

Any help on routes etc (we are all pretty good cyclists) would be a great help.

Regards
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    Nip to the transition area on Sunday ..... there will be hundreds parked up hehe
    The owners don't need them until they've had a quick dip in the sea :wink: