Online flights to one destination and back from another?

stinger67
stinger67 Posts: 25
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Just juggling some ideas of what to do/where to go and I'm trying to find out the cost of flights arriving in Thailand and leaving from Vietnam, but every on-line flights I try only do returns to the first destination, anyone know of an online flight checker where you can enter one destination and return from another?

Oddly, when I try to do one-way ticket it works out more expensive than a return? :?

Comments

• mark1956
    mark1956 Posts: 221
    British Airways and Travelocity both do open jaws itineraries, click on the option for "multi-city" or "multiple destinations".

I'm willing to bet that the return ticket has far more restrictions attached than the more expensive one-way ticket. Read the fine print about the charges to change your flights.
    mark
  • Special K
    Special K Posts: 449
    I've found Expedia are ok at doing open jaw itineraries, but agree w/ Mark that it is likely to be more expensive. Definitely check T&Cs on the ticket issued and recognise that a third party like expedia might not give you all the airline's restrictions. Check w/ the airline once you have a draft ititnerary to avoid complicated conversations at the airport check on on the way back.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    It may well be cheaper to buy a return to Bangkok, and then get an internal return to Vietnam with someone like Bangkok Airways (good airline by the way). I'm guessing, but won't a lot of the return flights from Vietnam to UK go through Bangkok anyway?
  • lloyd_bower
    lloyd_bower Posts: 664
    As the above poster mentioned Expedia are good for flights to from different destinations, though when I went to Central America (Belize/Guatemala) in December I actually found it cheaper to book directly with the airline (American Airlines). Also strangely it ended up cheaper than a return to either of the places!
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    It's cheaper to get return to Bangkok and then get cheap flight from Vietnam back to Bangkok. Air Asia is reasonable to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh