Puncture help!!!

gpw
gpw Posts: 42
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
I cant even get my rear tyre off . I've tried using plastic levers but the tyre keeps popping back in place, I gave up eventually after 30 mins before I lost my temper. Any advice or tips to make life easier. Once eventually I sort the pucnture out, any tips on getting the tyre back in, I kow its going to be mega tight.

cheers
Don\'t wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.

Comments

• NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... ed%20Lever

This Crank Bros tool is a must have!

Highly recommended for removing and refitting tyres.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    gpw wrote:
    I cant even get my rear tyre off . I've tried using plastic levers but the tyre keeps popping back in place, I gave up eventually after 30 mins before I lost my temper. Any advice or tips to make life easier. Once eventually I sort the pucnture out, any tips on getting the tyre back in, I kow its going to be mega tight.

cheers

I find the Park tools levers are adequate. To get the tyre off, I start by putting a lever in at the top (lever 1 ) - then one next to it, to the right (lever 2) - Whilst holding (lever 1) with the left hand, grab (lever 2) with your right hand and sort of slide it downwards and to the right to start to get the tyre off the wheel - eventually enough pops over and it becomes easy - you might have to put quite a bit of downward force on (lever 2) to get it sliding around the wheel - (it can take "alot" of force sometimes to get it started). Just take your time with it - when you've managed it a few times it becomes second nature.
  • COVEC
    COVEC Posts: 213
    Hi,

Have a look HERE it might give you some assistance :D

COVEC
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Have a watch of THIS
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.