Crash!

hopper26
hopper26 Posts: 73
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
hi ive had a had quite a bad accident. I was going round a bend in a small village. The sun was right n my eyes and i could not do anything. There was a wheel barrow coming round the corner and i had absolutely no chance of seeing it.As funny as it might be i went staight ino it with grass all over my bike and me. Fortunately most of the bike is ok accept the rear wheel. It has gone out of line. Shall i get it trued or get a new wheel.

Very sad

thanks
Born 2 ride!

Comments

• Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    If it's tacoed it's a new wheel....if it's just a little out of shape you should be able to re-true it.....take it to your LBS and they'll tell you for definite.
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    were you going backwards when you hit it?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    were you going backwards when you hit it?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • hopper26
    hopper26 Posts: 73
    No what i think happened was that my front wheel went into it and through me on to the road and the back wheel went up in the air and hit the ground.

Also how much is it to get a wheel trued at my lbs?

thanks
    Born 2 ride!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    hopper26 wrote:
    No what i think happened was that my front wheel went into it and through me on to the road and the back wheel went up in the air and hit the ground.

Also how much is it to get a wheel trued at my lbs?

thanks

Ask your lbs!! Mine charge 12 pounds.
  • The price of wheel truing depends on the individual shop or person doing it. The last time I got any wheels trued, it was with a local cyclist who did an excellent job and took four muffins for his trouble. I'm afraid that's probably not the going rate though. It should be a heck of a lot cheaper than a new wheel anyway. I might be a bit stingy but I wouldn't like to think they would charge any more than £20 unless a lot of work needed done. I've had wheels built for less than that.

Are you okay yourself? I hope you didn't get hurt.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <font face="Tahoma"><font color="red"><font size="1"><b>Seeing as you\'ve got enough spare time to read this little signature could you please have a wee look at my attempt at a website at http://www.PunctureRepairKit.co.uk, if you don\'t mind? Thank you very much indeed! I hope you enjoy it and will input some information of your own to \'widen its spectrum\' rather.</b></font id="size1"></font id="red"></font id="Tahoma">
  • thexvw
    thexvw Posts: 135
    £3.50 at my lbs