80 mile weekender in Wessex June 28/29- can you join me?

Timonya
Timonya Posts: 23
edited June 2008 in MTB rides
I'm looking for riders to join me for a fantastic weekend's mountain biking on the 28/29th June. You will need to be able to get to Marlborough in Wiltshire on the Friday evening for an early start following breakfast on Saturday. I'll provide minibus transfer, camping equipment, and route, so just bring yourself, your bike, and enough money for 2 night's camping plus food along the way. No catch, I just want the company. If you are interested, contact me, and I'll give you further details.

Tim

Comments

• lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    Hi Tim, sounds interesting, can you send me more details?
  • Timonya
    Timonya Posts: 23
    hi Lexie,

Thanks for the reply. Basically, we will set off from a farm just south of Marlborough, where we will also spenf Friday night. You can leave your car there, or if coming by train, the nearest station is Pewsey, about 5 miles away, but you would have to cycle that, as My minibus will be at our destination for the transfer back on Sunday. There will be breakfast at the farm before setting out on Saturday, and lunch time is nicely timed for a village pub if you want anything to eat then. Saturday night will be spent at a campsite near Stonehenge, and we'll be eating at a pub 1 mile from the campsite. On Sunday we'll have breakfast after cycling for about an hour and a half, and this should see us through to the end of the day, though by arrangement, the hotel where we will have breakfast will supply bananas, mars bars etc for those who want something, as this will be the last place we will be able to eat before heading out into the 'wilderness' for the day. Our destination will be,SixPenny Handley in the middle of Cranborne Chase, from where we will return to Wernham Farm, hopefully around Six pm. If you wanted to spend Sunday night at the farm, rather than heading off to wherever you've got to get to, that wouldn't be a problem.

This 2 day tour is a shortened version of the full " Wonders of Wessex MTB Tour", which I am going to be running in July through to Sept. Should you come along on the 28/29 of this month, you would not be expected to pay anything except the camping fees, which will be £8.00 per night, and about £25 will cover you for the food. You will be doing me a great favor by giving me the opportunity to take a few photos of the group which I will put up onto the website, with your consent. If you want to see the details in full, go to www.bike-back-in-time.co.uk, they are all there.

Really hope you can make it, it'll be a brilliant weekend provided I can get a group together, which, by the way, will be a maximum of 9 people, including myself.

Anything else you'd like to know, just ask.

Kind regards,

Tim