RHINE TOUR

stevew451
stevew451 Posts: 47
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi recently in a regional northern paper there was an article about this route from amsterdam to strasbourgh anyone got anymore info on this route or where to get it 8)

Comments

• xilios
    xilios Posts: 170
    stevew451 wrote:
    Hi recently in a regional northern paper there was an article about this route from amsterdam to strasbourgh anyone got anymore info on this route or where to get it 8)

It's one of the most popular routes in Europe, hundreds of links out there.
    Here's one http://www.rhinecycleroute.eu/en/
    I've riden parts of it twice and will most likely do it again in the future.
    cheers
  • stevew451
    stevew451 Posts: 47
    Thanks Xilios the person who did this also mentioned getting the return train from strasbourgh/basel do you know if this needs to be booked as i plan to cover the distance in a week and get back to amsterdam for the newcastleferry
  • xilios
    xilios Posts: 170
    stevew451 wrote:
    Thanks Xilios the person who did this also mentioned getting the return train from strasbourgh/basel do you know if this needs to be booked as i plan to cover the distance in a week and get back to amsterdam for the newcastleferry

I would use the German trains, (much more bike friendly) to the Dutch border than switch trains. I don't think you need to book ahead, but to make sure you can by visiting their site.
    cheers
  • alex15
    alex15 Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Have a look at this for private tours in Amsterdam
    it will be helpful to you.