need some help/advice

vulintia
vulintia Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in XC and Enduro
Hi all, im really sorry to ask this question as it appears quite a common/popular one, though im unable to achieve clarity on it. Iv just purchased a Malt 4, (waiting for it to be ready) my ability aside was wondering if anyone can tell me the limits to which the bike is capable of being ridden too xc? One of my main areas of confusion is caused by Traquair at Glentress (Seven Staines) it states that it is a red grade with black options with jumps and drop offs etc, will the lightweight properties of my bike take such tests, or am I limited to merely fast exhilarating simple single track. Also love to know what opinions you all have about the bike iv chosen, I test rode a number a number of times the Killer Bee, (a friend of mine owns one) and though thought was an awesome bike, was ultimately put off by the mail order concept, and inability to take bike should problems occur, I only live 25 mins from Merlin so that was my main deciding factor????????????? Assistance really appreciated with my confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Do you mean innerleithen? I would happily take a Malt 4 round the red and black at GT, but wouldn't take it anywhere near innerleithen.
  • toslow
    toslow Posts: 85
    love the bike , blagged a go on one a while back in cardinham woods cornwall. but lets be honest if you what a bike for hard core riding this one is not it. great bike though will put up with a lot of stick but she is a xc hardtail after all.
  • vulintia
    vulintia Posts: 5
    I understand and always have that its not for hardcore riding, guess the question is I keep hearing and reading aggressive xc use, how do the two types of riding differ? I appreciate and know that I havent got a downhill, or a freeride bike, but what sort of limits can I take my bike to?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Small jumps and drop offs (i.e. less than 1ft) is the most I would do on one.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Malt 4 is a lvery light XC bike. So as above, nothing too big. One wonky landing and you risk causing a lot of expensive damage.