Resistance training

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
Went out for a nice long ride today, nothing strenuous and did about 44 miles in 5 hours but i concentrated my efforts to the thighs as they are what let the side down more than anything.

Ive been told this is resistance training now does anyone have any good links advice or help to provide little ol me?

Id love any suggestions, ive tried googling but it's a bit of a jumble tbh. :?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• theres alot of good and simple to understand info on this webby... http://www.one2onenutrition.co.uk/newsl ... basics.htm

"A resistance exercise is any movement that makes the muscles move against resistance"
    or
    "any method or form used to overcome, resist or bear force."

you don't say what sort of advise that you would like tho?
    Basically the more power + effort you need to put into your cycling, the more it would be regaurded as resistance training.....
    Try cycling in a higher gear than normal and really powering your legs through the motions. This would probably be best done as part of an interval training session..eg doing 100m as resistance training, 300m rest/normal cycling....so that you dont over strain/over damage muscles!

Hope this helps answer any questions/ i hope i'm answering in the right direction!

B
  • Dazzza
    Yes you are, that was exactly what i was looking for, thanks. 8)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • ddw
    ddw Posts: 48
    resistance training is best kept short but very intense, so the perfect way to achieve this obviously is weight training, it depends what your goals are though?
    Kona Coiler (05)
    Kona Fire Mountain
  • Dazzza
    Well mainly to increase strength/endurance, i have a habit of flaking out on really long climbs.

It's working well, i just have to stick with it as it's very different from riding normally as it's all power power power rather than peddling efficiently.

It must be working as i now find myself climbing faster and with greater ease than ever.

I have a hill that i use as a benchmark, if i ride up it fuss free i know im doing something right, i did it the other day and kept on going so it's certainly working, my riding was very stagnant before i started this.
    Giant Anthem X