Online bike shops ... mixed experiences!

judith_sw
judith_sw Posts: 101
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I've bought one or two bike bits over the internet over the last few months ... with very varied success.

I must admit that Wiggle have been excellent, from the website info, to the tracking and the incredibly quick delivery - everything is clear and easy to understand (and NO, I don't work for them!!!).

I ordered from another major supplier a while ago, and the order was promptly dispatched but incorrect. I aske dif they would honour their mistake by sending the correct item Special Delivery, as I had needed the part for a particular weekend, but they weren't, unless I paid! Eventually we reached a compromise - the person I dealt with was very helpful, but overall I was unimpressed.

I also ordered a part from another supplier that said it was in stock on the website - well it wasn't and I didn't receive it for a week. Staff were friendly but I'm still not impressed.

Is it just me or are some mail order companies much better than others?

Rant over :lol:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    some are deffo better than others but i agree, for the most part, wiggle are excellent
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I've stopped using Wiggle completely since they started using Sh*tty Link for deliveries, they are the world's worst for delivering to domestic addresses.

I use Chain Reaction or All Terrain Cycles exclusively now - neither have ever let me down.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Edinburgh Biccle Coop are good too
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    dave_hill wrote:
    I've stopped using Wiggle completely since they started using Sh*tty Link for deliveries, they are the world's worst for delivering to domestic addresses.

I use Chain Reaction or All Terrain Cycles exclusively now - neither have ever let me down.

I've used Wiggle about 5 times recently and not once has anything been delivered by shi**y link, all been Royal Mail.

On a side note I ordered something from a camping website and they sent it through Shi**y link and oh my god, I want to kill them, I now have to wait for a week before they can redeliver it as they dont deliver on Saturdays?!?!?

Worst delivery company ever.
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    edited June 2008
    hey all, ive not ordered from wiggle yet but the ones i ordered from where good in contact and helpfull with good service as i also no only order used the after sale service and phoned for info so customer service were great. The one i used are Wnstanley, Merlin, Rutlands,Chain Reaction had no problem with these, however i did have some problem with couple others (no names) 1 sent me wrong grips with parts missing, 2 i placed an order gave card details other phone and waited for ages, nothing! so phoned up couple weeks later didnt even know anything about order lucky no money was taken either. I need some special grips at time as just built up new bike. So you find out which ones you like to order from and which you happy with. where one may happy with one store another may not.
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Briggo wrote:
    I've used Wiggle about 5 times recently and not once has anything been delivered by shi**y link, all been Royal Mail.

I think it depends on what delivery service you select. If you're prepared to wait they send it Royal Snail, but if you want it next day they send it City Link. Which is a joke. Or is the other way round? Either way I don't care any more 'cos I don't use 'em!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I am quite happy to have stuff delivered by City Link, mainly because their depot is about a 1 min walk from my front door! Parcel Force, on the other hand, is 30 miles away.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • loddrik
    loddrik Posts: 129
    edited June 2008
    CRC & Merlin = spot on

Cycle Sugery = utter shite and exceedingly over priced, only reason I used them was I was bought a gift voucher, was supposed to be for CRC but ended up with Cycle Surgery, they are crap!!!
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    Just got a Charge Spoon from Wiggle, couldn't fault them, ordered on Wednesday afternoon & recieved the saddle Friday morning :P
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    I'm supprised to hear so many have a problem with City Link, I think it must be down to the guys that work at your depot. I have never had a problem with them and find they are by far the fastest courier I've used and also like BlackSpur the depot is around the corner not miles away like the others. I prefer them so much that I tend to order off sites that use them rather than those that dont. All a bit hit and miss it appears!

I havent used any of the big bike shops online for quite some time as I'm just getting back into the sport, but I can recommend MTB Bitz on eBay. Ordered a bleed kit from them about 2pm and it arrived next day - excellent!
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Chain Reaction,Merlin and Wiggle have always been great ,never had an issue with any of them !!