majorca roads

leanne
leanne Posts: 26
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
going to cala bona majorca for 2 weeks in aug anybody know if the road bike hire shop is still there, it was three years ago also whats the cycling like roaring round the majorca highways and roads thanks

Comments

• heron8888
    heron8888 Posts: 36
    Hi Leanne Ive been to Majorca cycling for the last 5 years, the roads are excellent . Have always followedt the coast around the island, Palma is to be avoided if possible as its very busy. Not sure about the bike shop you mentioned but good road bike hire shops at Alcudia and Pollenca
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Theres an excellent hire shop in Puerto Pollensa in the North of the island.
    http://www.procyclehire.com
  • leanne
    leanne Posts: 26
    thanks for the info shop looks great but its about 60 miles from me wondering if they do local rides every morning closer to cala bona as i dont know the roads very well and it would be great to ride with somebody tried searching the web for the bike hire in cala bona cant find it anywhere
  • Richie G
    Richie G Posts: 283
    Afraid i don't know of any hire shops in Cala Bona, but i would also recommend the Procyclehire shop. I believe they can deliver to all parts of the island for about 20 euros. I hired a very nice TCR for a few days- was sad to have to give it back! To be honest you'll probably find there's plenty of people to ride with when you get there - i was in Puerto Pollensa in May and have never seen so many cyclists in my life! The roads are great and you get treated with a lot more respect by motorists than in Britain too.

Hope this is useful
    Rich