What colour hub

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Being a man, I obviously have no sense of colour coordination whatsoever. Happily though, my bike has ended up fairly colour coordinated (I reckon), especially compared to it's original black + mango scheme.

Anyway, I'm going to buy a new rear hub, probably a Hope ProII to replace my existing, first-generation Bulb.

But, what colour should I get, Red, or Black? or even something else?

Bike pic is in my sig. I'll take some different angles if anybody wants.

thanks guys!

Comments

• Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Definitely red. And you want to change those pedals for Crank Bros 5050s in red/black and change that shock as the blue clashes with the rest of the bike.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Yes, red. Your grips are great, and with the 55 now, the bike looks better. :D
    But please, please clean it up, and add it clean to your sig.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I've got blacks on the orange and reds on the club roost. I think i'd go for the red, they'd look good with the other red bits on yer bike!
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, I do like the idea of a red rear hub, BUT, I know that I'd want to change the front hub to match then, and the front hub is only a year or so old!
    Might give it a go though.
    Definitely red. And you want to change those pedals for Crank Bros 5050s in red/black and change that shock as the blue clashes with the rest of the bike.
    hehe, i have actually been looking at the crank bros 5050s, in red/black as you said, BUT, apparently there's a shortage of them at the moment, because they're so in demand :o .
    As for changing the shock. Erm. hmm. I was actually after a Marzocchi roco rear shock initially, which is black and red. But again, worldwide shortages etc, so I had so ahem, settle for the Fox DHX5 :lol:
    Xtreem wrote:
    Yes, red. Your grips are great, and with the 55 now, the bike looks better.
    But please, please clean it up, and add it clean to your sig.
    ok, fine, I'll clean it after work tomorrow, and get a fresh piccie up :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Ok, Xtreem, the bike is now clean(er) in the picture.
    happy now? :D
  • Father Faff
    What you really need is red wheel rims - the new Crank Bros set are only £660....
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Anonymous
    hmm a bargain!
  • Father Faff
    They are beautiful looking wheels - have a google for them. The spokes attach to raised lugs on the rim and don't penetrate the rim itself which is great for tubeless tyres and strength. Light too I believe!
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, just googled those wheels. Not my cup of tea. not at all. I'll stick to my ProIIs on ancient Mavic D321 rims I think.

Oh, and anyway, those crank brothers wheels are orange, not red.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    That's more like it. Now the bike is perfect. And the landscape is beautiful. :D
  • ddw
    ddw Posts: 48
    get a red hub, you only live once lol, ive just ordered a pair of special edition 'gold' odi ruffians to go with my gold hope front hub... should be interesting...
    Kona Coiler (05)
    Kona Fire Mountain
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I would say go with the color your wife / girlfriend likes. Don't listen to these guys on the forum. After all they are men too and probably have no better sense of color coordination
    than you have. My wife recently told me that my choice of rim color didn't reallly go all that well with my bikes color. And the more I look at it I think she's right. Unless of course
    she's trying to destroy my vision of cycling. God they are devious, these women.

Dennis Noward
  • Anonymous
    Wife/girlfriend? I wish, I am sadly, terminally single :( (or :D - depending how you look at it!)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Wife/girlfriend? I wish, I am sadly, terminally single :( (or :D - depending how you look at it!)

Keep up the good work. Be careful and ever vigilant or they may get you too.

Dennis Noward
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,064
    I'd personally go for the gun smoke......wait, I HAVE gone for the gun smoke.

Garish colours are just wrong, you need stealth my boy!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elmotheewokking
    elmotheewokking Posts: 2,279
    50/50's?
    IIRC they're awful, and half the forum used to agree.
    My my, how times change.
    HD knows his stuff still though.