What road pedals and shoes?

hopper26
hopper26 Posts: 73
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Hi i am looking to spend about £100 for shoes and pedals. I think i want the look keo classics however im not shore what shoes to get.

Any replies will be much appreciated .

Thanks
Born 2 ride!

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I have the below, my first pair of clipless shoes so I cant say they are better than other pairs but they are stiff and comfortable. As for pedals I was advised to get SPD-SL's first as they are apparently easier to get out of quickly :oops: . Then to go to look. I believe the Looks have a larger surface area in contact with your shoes therefore you get more power down. That might be rhubarb though :P

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... ad%20Shoes
  • hopper26
    hopper26 Posts: 73
    hi ive had looks on my last bike so i think i want to stick with them but i used to have 5 th hand shoes so im still stuck with what to get thanks.
    Born 2 ride!
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Personally, I reckon looks are easy to get in and out, they're easy to find with out looking down and the fact that they are one sided doesn't make much difference, as they always hang down vertically.

Personally, I would recommend you try the shoes on in a shop first all manufacturers size up differently so to get the correct fit you're going to need to try them on.

At this price, some of the shimano shoes look to be a good deal whereas the Sidi's don't look that great value for money wise.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    hopper26 wrote:
    hi ive had looks on my last bike so i think i want to stick with them but i used to have 5 th hand shoes so im still stuck with what to get thanks.

The Spesh shoes will take Look cleats.
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    Spez. shoes are brilliant - I've ended up owning 3 pairs!! (1x MTB, 1xRoad, 1x casual "touring").
    Sidi shoes are ace, but expensive and generally are cut quite narrow - though they offer wider fits now.

I went for Time pedals, but that's because I have sensitive knees - been riding SPDs for years.