footwear for dmr v12's

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi,

can anyone suggest what type of footwear is good with the dmr v12 pedals?

cheers :D
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• ddw
    ddw Posts: 48
    i use a cheap pair of vans with their special waffle sole, sticks like glue! but if your feeling flush go for a pair of five tens, theyre around the 50 quid mark and have a super sticky sole
    Kona Coiler (05)
    Kona Fire Mountain
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    Most skate-type shoes fit the bill for these pedals!
  • gs3 wrote:
    Most skate-type shoes fit the bill for these pedals!

Yep, i'd agree with that. I wear a pair of DC Shoes (but in black, not white like in the link :shock: ), and really like them.

The grooves in the sole seem to fit in nicely with the pins on the V12s.
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    If you're not too picky about which brand or colour of skate shoe to get, try TKMaxx - usually huge selection of various brands for about £15-25. Just make sure the sole is the soft rubbery type and dimpled or grooved.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    vansss!!!
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Vans Waffle tread.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I use basic Shimano SPDs shoes (the ones that look like shoes, not Robocop specials) without cleats. You get a stiffish sole for pedalling efficiency, but can still walk.
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Go for the 5-10's on chain reaction £ 59.99p fantastic and have a good
    sticky sole too.
  • DogCocks

i'm not going chasing labs and rottweilers for there c@cks jesus man thats wrong!!
    felix's bike

• switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    5.10s every time - they last ages as well - apart from the mud, there's no damage on mine after a year of riding. Everyone knows how well they grip. 661 do sticky soles but most people seem to be saying they fall to bits, never seen a pair tho...

http://www.chasingtrails.com
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Always used Vans classic waffle sole. Class
  • i can only seem to find five ten climbing shoes?
    felix's bike

• rob cole
    rob cole Posts: 706
    the problem with most skateboard shoes is the poor pedalling efficiency and lack of foot protection (toe box and heel strike counter)

it depends if you are using your shoes for freeriding, or for more XC orientated (pedalling about) with climbs, where a stiffer sole will benefit

the 5-10 has a stiffer sole than a skateshoe in addition to the sticky rubber compound, and a better level of protection for your feet

I've found the Etnies and Orchid pro bmx shoes to be much better than standard skate shoes as they have slightly stiffer soles and more foot protection
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • gazamc
    gazamc Posts: 4
    i have a pair of boot style 5-10's which are brilliant for my V12s. My foot sticks to the pedal. They are hard wearing and have good ankle/heel/toe protection too. Somewhat decent at keeping water out, as long as its not monsoon weather.
  • pyebibby4
    pyebibby4 Posts: 73
    well ive been wearing a pair of cheap addidas trainers.. there very long in the foot which often causes problem.. but they are tight to my foot and very confortable... but i have found that my v8's have destoyed the underside of the shoe and the nice rubbery matrial has worn right down about half inch to the plastic sole... find something soft and comfortable but strong on the outside...

good luck
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    Skate shoes are fine but be aware that if you're doing a lot of pedaling, soft soles will disintegrate and you might even damage your feet. I try to buy skate or bmx shoes with thick, hard-ish soles, they seem to work great and don't break the bank.