Focus Cayo or Trek 1.9

patchy
patchy Posts: 779
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Arrrgh... the road bike bug is slowly pulling me towards one of them funny bikes with the skinny tyres and bendy handlebars (mountain biker by heritage, fed up with my hybrid for commuting and want to do proper long road rides).

I've narrowed down my choices to the above on specs, but i can't decide... and obviously it's difficult to test out a Cayo.

Any views? Are there any other bikes in the £1,000 price bracket that i should consider too? (I've discounted spesh, giant and the other major manufacturers). What's all the shizzle with Planet X, too?

cheers

P
point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell

Comments

• Cayo is a fantasic bike. I came to road biking from MTB in December. First road bike. It;s light, fast, handles well, climbs well. It's comfortable enough for Sportive distances. Excellent spec for price (mind you mine was an 07 in sale at £799). It gets fantastic reviews in mags. If you type in Focus Cayo on the forum search you will find loads of threads on this bike.
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    I have the cayo which i love they are both very nice bikes
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    cheers - thanks guys. I checked out the Planet X site as well and am amazed at the spec on their £1,000 bike... carbon frame dura-ace kit??? Is that for real, or have they made compromises elsewhere?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell