Pain in butt

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
Literally.

Did my first sportive over the weekend, and the main casualty was me @rse, really painful. Any way of avoiding that? Are my shorts not expensive enough? Am I simply too heavy? Is my saddle rubbish? Am I set up all wrong? Not done enough miles to toughen up?
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    How long have you had the saddle? if it was newish that could be a problem. I've had the same saddle on my last three bikes so I'ts been through 15k+ miles. The cost of shorts shouldn't really come into it, although it might if you were to compare Lidl to Assos perhaps. TBH it could be any of the reasons you mentioned!! Although the more miles you do in the same saddle the easier the miles are on the rear!
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    Have a look at your tyre pressures as well. Running them at a little less than the maximum is a very effective way of increasing saddle comfort.
    Are you using chamois cream??? Are you using enough of it??? If it's a really long ride
    I will sometimes stop and put on a bit more to keep things well lubed(I carry one or two, small, one use packets with me on longer rides). It's saved my a**, so to speak, more than once.

Dennis Noward
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    dennisn wrote:
    Are you using chamois cream??? Are you using enough of it??? If it's a really long ride
    I will sometimes stop and put on a bit more to keep things well lubed(I carry one or two, small, one use packets with me on longer rides). It's saved my a**, so to speak, more than once.

Dennis Noward

BUT remember and not get them mixed up with your energy gels!!! :shock:
  • ajoten
    ajoten Posts: 321
    Why? Is chamois cream low in carbohydrate?
    Андрю
    Alu is real.