What the heck is 'Downhill' riding?

2»

Comments

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    That's what I like about the current trail centres. You can go and ride a trail like the wall at Afan. Get a decent work out riding up the hill and then the way down you can treat like a DH and go hell for leather. You're riding for 2 hours and still get the adrenaline fix in there.
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    Damn right, Afan's Wall trail is one of my favourites. Went to Glentress this weekend; that black run has to be one of the best all-round trails, ever.
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    It's basically high speed skiing on wheels, only with an even bumpier ride.
    It's also riding only for the experianced and brave, and a sure way to lose your dinner if you come off...

I think Downhill MTB should be much better recognised by the media as a truely testing sport worthy of airtime..!

KK.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    but remember yo don't need a full on DH bike to ride downhill.

I have a Patriot, which is definately not full DH...some of you guys will have more travel (5") on your XC bikes....

But..I use it for everything....5 peaks in the Pentlands yesterday (snowy) and more laughs than a box of trumpets, Fort Bill, Innerleithen, Glentress.

I like the fact that it CAN be ridden up hill, just with a little more effort than my hardtail.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • THIS is downhill mountain biking.

I beg to differ... THIS is downhill! :D

I love this video, its flippin' mental.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    THIS is downhill mountain biking.

I beg to differ... THIS is downhill! :D

I love this video, its flippin' mental.
    I still reckon Gees is more impressive.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    im stuck between the two.....

Sam ragged it the whole way down and fell.
    Gee looked much more controlled in the top section, and finished.... still very very quick, but sam does have the potential to crush anyones dreams....blazin fast..

I like watching Cedric ride...superstylin' and flowy
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • I can watch Sam's run again and again if only to listen to that commentator...