Vale of Glamorgan

jellybellywmb
jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Heading to Wales on business again and staying this time near cardiff airport, thought I would venture out into the Vale of Glamorgan. Iv'e got the os map so any areas I should take in/avoid??
"BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy

Comments

• I live in Cardiff and often do this loop which you could easily link onto from rhoose, The lap around Ogmore-By-Sea and Southerndown is really nice, A48's not to nice but not the worst and you'd miss that out if you're starting at the airport, it's all pretty nice, similar to the South Hams if you've ever ridden there.
    If you don't have it, you don't need it.

My 2008 LEJOG
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Enjoyed the ride, as you said headed out to Ogmore via Llanwit Major and then up alongside the river to Ewenny. I then headed to some very rural roads through Llampha,Llanmihangel, The Herberts(Had to go there as loved the name) down to St Athan and back to Rhoose.
    Rounded off the ride will a generous portion of river Exe Mussels, 12 oz Welsh Rib Eye and a couple of pints of 6x

Working away is such a chore!! :D

PS Some of the road surfaces leave alot to be desired, Is this the same across the whole of Wales??
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy