MTB Riding Skills Courses

alibali65
alibali65 Posts: 40
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
As a newbie I am looking at doing a course to improve my technique etc. I have seen a number of courses about and was wondering if they are any good? I was looking at doing one of the ones at Dalby forest, discuss please!!

Comments

• colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    Can't help on Dalby Forest but I'd recommend a course if you're starting out. I tried MTB a couple of years ago and was truly dreadful, went out a couple of times, fell off 3 times, broke my thumb and sold the bike.

I've been riding on the road for years so thought I knew what I was doing. Just coming back to MTBing, went out with a mate whose experienced and the few tips he gave me made all the difference. Had a brilliant day and didn't fall off once !!

There are a few basic skills that you need to learn to really enjoy it I'd say, well worth doing a quick course. I've just signed up for one as I've already seen the benfit of some expert advice.
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    Hi. Anyone else looking for MTB skills coaching? We do 1 to 1 skills coaching and courses for groups at Dalby.

http://www.chasingtrails.com/mountain-bike-skills-courses/

Contact us via the website for availability/advice if your interested.

Male & female instructors, ladies, mens, mixed groups welcome.

Great value rates & bike hire included in the price - feel free to bring your own

See the site for UK hols, bike maintenance courses & guided riding.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I like the look of thiose courses, I'm always getting left behind......

Maybe next Spring...
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • alibali65 wrote:
    As a newbie I am looking at doing a course to improve my technique etc. I have seen a number of courses about and was wondering if they are any good? I was looking at doing one of the ones at Dalby forest, discuss please!!

If you decide to go on one.......post up your verdict and let us know how you got on, what you leant and wether it was a fun day out. I personly think it would be a worthwhile thing to do, but I havn't done one yet.

EDIT
    Had a quick look at the link, that looks really good.
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm going on one on the 28th june at Rivington
    http://www.mtb-instruction.co.uk/
    really looking forward to it :D
  • alibali65
    alibali65 Posts: 40
    I've booked a course for late July so I will let everyone know what it is like. When I said I need to improve my technique what i really mean is i don't actually have a technique. Also had my first big fall at the weekend and was actually quite chuffed with it!
  • turbodog
    turbodog Posts: 246
    excellent, I have booked for 1 day ESSENTIALS PLUS course at Glentress this month. It should be good to learn important techniques.

check it out:
    http://www.thehubintheforest.co.uk/Tuit ... _plus.html